When Should I Take A Pregnancy Test Calculator

When to take a pregnancy test

A positive pregnancy test will typically appear around the time of your missed period, typically 14 days after ovulation/fertilization, and in rare cases, 9–10 days after these events. A subsequent positive pregnancy test is still possible even if the initial test is negative.

Improve your fertility and get pregnant faster

Obie is your reproductive health coach, helping you reach your goal with expert personalized guidance.

Download app

Not an iOS user? Sign up to be the first to know about Obie for Android.

No matter if it is a blood or urine test, a pregnancy is only confirmed after implantation, when the fetus has joined the mother’s blood system and attached to the uterine wall. After fertilization and ovulation, which can take anywhere between 6 and 12 days, the fertilized egg implants into the endometrium. This process is known as implantation. Two to three days after implantation, a blood pregnancy test will show positive results, and several days later, a urine pregnancy test will also show positive results.

When is the early pregnancy test positive?

Up until your body has enough of the pregnancy hormone hCG, an early urine pregnancy test won’t be positive. Only a few days after the fertilized egg implants in your uterus does this hormone become active. Implantation happens 6-12 days after you ovulate. It isn’t noticeable until close to period time (some women don’t find out they are positive until days after a missed period). While some women can get a positive result from an early pregnancy test (like First Response) a few days before their period is due. However, that is not the case for MOST women. Have you ever heard of a “false negative”? This occurs when you TRULY ARE pregnant, but the test results come back negative. When women test before their periods, the majority of the time, that is what occurs.

First Response (the test that advertises “99% accurate. Our most accurate results 5 days sooner%22), says the following regarding its accuracy: %224 days before your period, the test is 63% accurate; 3 days before your period 83% accurate; one and two days before 93% accurate Therefore, it is most accurate when you miss a period.

When you perform a pregnancy test too soon, you risk receiving a false negative result, which will leave you disappointed. You can save money and increase your chances of avoiding a false negative pregnancy test by waiting until you miss your period and your period is late, perhaps 1-2 days late. A healthy mid-twenties couple without known fertility problems has a 20% chance each month of getting pregnant 80% will get pregnant within the first year of trying.

Am I pregnant? Common pregnancy symptoms to consider

You might not be able to rely on pregnancy symptoms to confirm your pregnancy because everyone’s pregnancy symptoms differ from one another. The accuracy of pregnancy tests or the degree to which you notice symptoms can be affected by variables such as the length of your menstrual cycle, fluctuation in hormone levels, preexisting medical conditions, recent use of birth control, and daily habits.

Early pregnancy symptoms may be eagerly anticipated by those who are actively trying to conceive (TTC). Others may find them unexpected, unsettling, or misinterpreted as something else. Continue reading for additional ways to determine if you are pregnant even if you don’t experience any of the symptoms listed below.

Pregnancy Test Calculator: When Do I Pee on a Stick?

Leave a Comment